Friday, November 14, 2008

Calendar Days


December's embroidery
club project is up! You can download it anytime. This month's project may appear daunting at first, but it's really lots of fun to make. It includes a variety of different techniques, patchwork, quilting, embroidery, covering buttons, binding, etc. The embroidery is pretty simple, but there is lots of it. Having two sewing machines was a real time saver - I recommend it highly. While I was embroidering on one, I was quilting on the other. Twice the work, half the time.



 These mini motifs are cute as a button!


Covering buttons is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Remember, you'll need lots and lots of buttons for covering - so order quick. Patricia (Sault Ste Marie), suggested that she might stitch the days of the week on one fabric strip, instead of using the covered buttons. Good idea if you can't get enough buttons for your class. There will be a run on them!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Snez
    I love the motifs, but I think it would be great if there was a birthday cake for celebrating someone's special day !
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, loved this project. It is my Embroidery Club Project at the end of this month. I had a great time playing with this.
    I made a few changes and Snez asked that I share them.
    First off, I made a pocket on the back of the calendar the same size as the calendar and slipped a 1/8" board in it for stability.
    I made 3 loops at the top for hanging the calendar and attached them with cermaic buttons. Then I got a very pretty hanger at Ikea to put it on.
    I then bought a set of small embroidery designs and made extra buttons, a birthday cake, a halloween silouette witch, a soccer ball, easter egg, that kind of thing.
    Then I made a zipper pouch for the extra months, and buttons to be stored in. I made it the same width as the calendar so that I could attach it with more ceramic buttons to the bottom but have not decided if I will do that yet.
    I am currently putting on all the velcro and such and when I get it done, perhaps I can post a picture somewhere.
    For my embroidery club, I kitted the board, the button cover making kit, and the pkgs of covered buttons as well as 3m velcro. I figured out that will cost each of my gals about $20 - $24 a kit and already they all want one!
    The mini designs I bought on line so I cannot include those but will tell them where I got them.

    ReplyDelete