Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some Nice Words

Patricia, my proof reader from Sault Ste Marie, had a chance to work on the casserole carrier before I made it live. She has some comments and tips:

I must say that I was not looking forward to putting the binding on this project but so far it has gone on without a hitch.  I just have the outside binding to apply and will do that tomorrow.  I used my adjustable bias binder to attach the binding to the handles and since I wanted to make my own binding and wasn't sure of what width would work I went back to the Jewelry Roll project and found what I needed but did not use the fusible web.  I did not try the edge joining foot to sew down the second side of the binding but used my left edge topstitch foot instead and it worked great.  I really like the way the casing is "magically" made and instead of a string or ribbon I may use my smallest bias tape maker to make a narrow tie.  Will have to see if it will fit in the casing.  Great project and easy to do and should be easy to present  to a class.
Thanks,
Patricia




Dianne from Knit-N-Stitch from New Minas, NS just joined, she says:

What a awesome project!  I just finished printing the instructions and your teaching tips and ideas and I can hardly wait to get started.  Everything I need is here and so well done.  Thank you so much!

And Yvette from Pine Ridge Knit & Sew emailed me with her kind words:

Thanks Snez, it's lovely, we'll have a great day stitching this out.

Thanks all for the kind words.

No comments:

Post a Comment