Thursday, December 3, 2009

A princess dress for my little princess

Actually she is my little great nice, Alexa. She has a “princess” themed birthday party to go to this weekend. And of course I had to make her the perfect princess dress. I started with this fun pattern from Simplicity.
The dresses are all pretty, but a bit too much. So, I combined views C and D to get the final look, a more streamlined dress. The pattern instructions were a bit confusing, especially because I was taking a bit here and a bit there. And of course I serged the tulle strips together, instead of sewing them, like the pattern instructed. Nothing like a fine rolled edge to finish tulle.
I think it turned out pretty nice. I was hoping that Alexa would model it for me so that I can take a few snapshots. But she wasn’t in the mood. I’ll try to sneak a couple when she puts it on for the birthday party.
 
A pretty bow in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment